Possible Bee Villian

Discuss the comic strip!

Possible Bee Villian

Postby Celo on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:21 pm

I was over hearing a conversation at work with two customers about bee keeping and transportation. Normally I would not have given a flying F!@# about it but since Squishy is on the bee super hero storyline, I decided to listen.

The gentleman who was a bee keeper was saying he was having trouble keeping his bees alive around corn fields. For a sometime he did not know why that was. After doing some research, he found out that most corn fields these days are genetically engineered to produce ethanol. YES you heard me right, it is to protect the corn from pests. Unfortunately if the corn husks have some moisture on them and a bee lands on it they will eventually die.

So from now on if he had to pollinated an orchard or something of that sort, he makes sure that there is no corn fields within 5 miles of the hive.

With that said it would be something to see a corn husk villain... I am just saying.
Celo

Re: Possible Bee Villian

Postby blackfirefox on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 am

That is both informative and deeply depressing. I like having bees alive. They're helpful and fluffy. Corn is tasty but... I don't want my corn killing my fluffy honey-makers.
Kitty in a pudding cup~ So cute~ <3
blackfirefox

Postby Celo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 am

That should be printed on a shirt. "Save The Fluffy Honey Makers!!"
Celo

Postby trebuchet on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 am

That's just awesome. :)
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby Zephyr190 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:20 pm

That's really bad, messing with creation with no care for the effects.

Actually I do support GM, but the type where people sit down and think of the consequences before they do it. Fools.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a corn field to go lick.
Zephyr190

Return to Squishy Comics