Role Playing Thread

The victor of the second great conflict was Kang (France)

Role Playing Thread

Postby David Yun on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Knock yourself out guys :)
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Role Playing Thread

Postby Kodi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am

From the Contessa Linda Kodi of House Savoy, acting Prime Minister as appointed by King Victor Emmanuel III:

A dark season has befallen Italy this day, for the nation of Italy has seen its monarch sicken and fall ill. But I urge my nation and my nation's peers to not be troubled by thoughts of civil strife or calamity, as I have been appointed to see to the daily affairs of the kingdom until such time as his condition allows him to rule.

Despite the Vatican's generous offer of governance in these troubled times, the King felt it best to appoint a reliable, vital, and adept voice from his own court to the lofty position of Prime Minister. The Papal State has generously acqueisced to his wishes. I myself am deeply honored by his choice and hope to neither fail Italy nor its King.

In regards to the fellow nation states of Europe, and the Great and Noble powers who govern them, I inform humbly that I am to be the conduit for all further diplomatic negotiation with Italy. Please let neither my gender nor my unorthodox appointment dissuede you from peaceful relations with my countrymen. After all, many of you have been governed by just, intelligent and godly women in the past, and I personally beseech you to honor my nation and my appointment in their memory.

By the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation of Italy.
-Linda Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Mike on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Az decreed by Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albert von Preußen:

'allo! Mine name iz Brewmeister Magnus von Reichsler, servant to ze Emporer! Hiz Highness haz ordered me to better zis vorld utilizing mine unique knowledge and skill in ze art of brewing. Ve set course to create ze greatest beer zis vorld has ever seen! Ve plan to negociate vith all nations of ze vorld to procure ingredients of all flavor, texture, and fragrance. Zis iz ze most important mission ve in Germany have endeavored. Through all differences ve can all agree, NU-ZING can compare to un fine, delicious, freshly brewed beer at ze end of any day (and in the middle for some of us).

In order to truly create ze greatest beer in all ze vorld, ve must experiment vith all possible combinations of ingredients. Soon, fellow patrons, ve vill all be united (and intoxicated!), under ze German label!
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby wevets on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:06 pm

All hail fellow leaders of Europe!

Tsar Nicolas II has ordered that the following proclamation be distributed to all the capitals of the continent:

I, Nicolas II, Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Grand Duke of Finland, and King of Poland, hereby do abdicate and devolve all my powers of State and Church in favor of our most Holy new Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church, Vladimir Ivanovich Bellavin I. He shall henceforth be endowed with powers temporal and spiritual over all matters in Russia, and I his humble servant, shall retire to the Winter Palace.

Vladimir has commanded me to request that the great monarchs of Europe pass on their favorable and amicable relationships with me to his administration as he wrestles with the demons that afflict Russia. He shall surely see God's favor in those nations that are friendly to Russia and smile his benevolent, mesmeric glory upon their monarchs.

Russia's enemies shall quail under the disapprobation of his spellbinding, terrible, terrible frown.

Our diplomats even now disperse across Europe's great cities to let you know that you have nothing to fear from this change in Russia.

Long Live Vlad I!
wevets

Postby David Yun on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Switzerland is an industrious society, but due to our strict neutrality, we currently have little to do. We understand the need for secrecy in statecraft, but if at all possible, please make official any accords between nations. We desperately wish to record all such treaties!

And remember, the nation with the highest Treachery Index is the runner-up! If you are truly masterful, you can win first AND second place. Consider the resplendent glory of such a dominant victory!
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm

'allo fellow patrons! Ze people of Denmark have graziouzly accepted ze Brewmacht across their borders. Ve are on a great path to glory vith ze combination of German and Denmarkian hops! Vorld, I guarantee you, at ze end of zis ve vill have created (vith your help) ze greatest beverage zis vorld can ever know.

Ve have great thanks for our neighbors to ze east not interfering with our creation. Tyrolia und Bohemia are declared a demilitarized zone by ze nations of Austria and Germany. Ve are simple artisans only vishing to bring un amazingly delicate flavor to ze nations of ze vorld.

Fear not ze Brewmacht. For zey are NU-ZING but collectors of ze finest hops und barley.

Brewmeister Magnus von Reichsler.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby wevets on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Prepare for a message from Russia's new Foreign Minister, Nicholas II:

Ahem... Vlad I has appointed me Foreign Minister, and I am pleased to be representing Mother Russia to all of you. I am commanded to read a prepared statement from our Tsar and Patriarch, Vlad I:

"We shall never forget the insults of those Hapsburg swine!"

Er... that's the full statement, I'm not sure...

Hm? But what about -

Ah. Yes. It is a declaration of war. We shall never forget the insults of those Hapsburg swine! Never. forget... insults... never... insults. forget.
wevets

Postby weather wizard on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:12 am

To the citizens of the Third Republic, a call to action.

Arise, my fellow Frenchmen. To arms and action! Europe is in turmoil and the dogs of war howl for blood. We have abided our time long enough and will not wait this time for our enemies to come to our gates. I, President Kang, issue a call to all men and women of the Empire to do their part and duty. Men, gather your will and take up arms. Women, thread the uniforms and till the soil. Let us gather our collective strength to defend the realm.

This year, we will begin a massive building program that will show Europe that France will not be intimidated. All able-bodied citizens are called to do their duty in whatever capacity they are able. The fleets need brave sailors, the armies need brave soldiers, the factories need industrious workers, and the fields need sturdy farmers.

To our fellow nations of Europe, France invites you to join us in our quest to bring peace back to Europe. We shall bring order back through our judicious application of strength and honor over the chaos and treachery that has returned to our homelands.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!
President Kang
weather wizard

Postby Kodi on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

From the Contessa Linda Kodi of House Savoy, acting Prime Minister as appointed by King Victor Emmanuel III:

I ask my neighbors, the great and powerful country of France, and specificly the president Kang (who so expertly defeated Kodos in the election) exactly which "dogs of war" and "enemies" he expects to knock on his gates. As of yet neither the honorable English nor the industrious Germans nor the great nation of Italy have made intrusions into French dominion and have allowed the French interests to grow unchecked.

So who exactly is acting to intimidate you, great France? Are you meaning to say that the skirmishes in the Balkans to your far east are so worrying that you mean to take arms to a conflict on the other side of the European map?

I worry that your overtures of peace and cooperation are more sinister than you would have us believe, ecspecially given the recent amassment of military force in the last year.

To my fellow European powers and Neighbors of France, the Honorable and Mighty Nations of England and Germany, I feel that French aggression against one of us should be aggression against us all. I ask you humbly to lend me your aid if France should strike against any of us singly, just as I vow today to send aid in such an event. If we allow the French to continue amassing military might unchecked we shall all surely fall. And then, after we have been conquered...

Then the Mimes will come.

By the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation of Italy.
-Linda Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Zeke on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:55 pm

From the Desk of Prime Minister Joshua Masterson of England:
In regards to the offer of what I interpret as a mutual defense treaty.

The people of England accept your offer of mutual defense between our nations as to quell the rampant warmongering of the French. I will enter this agreement with the Grand Brewmeister of Germany as well if they so choose.

I humbly accept your great foresight and wish for our nation's continued benevolance in future dealings.

Again England accepts the mutual defense treaty proposed by the Lady Contessa Linda Kodi of House Savoy, acting Prime Minister of Italy.

**OOC: THAT MIME LINE KILLED ME** :lol:
Zeke

Next

Return to Diplomacy II