Role Playing Thread

The victor of the second great conflict was Kang (France)

Re: Role Playing Thread

Postby wevets on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Drat - I thought [s] [/s] would do strikethrough text - does anyone know how to do strikethrough?
wevets

Postby weather wizard on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:36 pm

After action reports from the fronts:

Field Marshall Phillipe Leclerc
II Corps, Groupe d'armée du nord
20km east of Antwerpen

German army in Rotterdam has been crushed. English fleet and marines arrived as scheduled in full force. German army encountered in march columns not anticipating an imminent attack. Enemy engaged at Halderbarge with complete surprise. English marines enveloped from the rear with naval artillery support. Enemy army scattered in disarray, no longer a fighting force. Continuing to next objective as ordered.

--

Admiral Jacques Masseu
3rd Flotte du Méditerranée
100km southwest of Balearic Islands

Italian fleet removed from the western Mediterranean. Enemy fleet engaged head on with impressive vigor, but was repulsed with moderate damage. Italian fleet retreated in sensible order and remains a viable fighting force. 2nd Flotte and 3rd Flotte will pursue as soon as damage control is complete. Expecting significant resistance at Sardinia and Corsica.
weather wizard

Postby Kodi on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:28 am

The following is the transcribed speech given by the Contessa Linda Kodi to her troups in early spring 1903 in the Italian province of Piemonte, as recorded by a trusted scribe:

*The Lady Prime Minister emerges from the command tent garbed in a simple officer's uniform*

Contessa Linda Kodi: Gather the Officers.

*A period of time passes while the men assemble*

It doesn't look good. At this point, this unit, the men to our south, and the brave fleets struggling in the Mediterranian and in the Africas for Tunisia are the last line between our enemies, and our homes.

The English have turned their back to our suffering in search of vainglorious conquest over the Germans.

The Austrians wish us the best and provide us with much needed supplies that they can spare, but are beseiged on all sides as well. They can no more help us with manpower than we are able to help them.

This is one of our most grim hours. In the coming months, our armies and fleets shall fight. The young men under your command may die. You, may die. And I... may yet die.

But that does not mean we are dead yet. No! We are still breathing, and that is reason enough for hope! Yes, we do have hope yet! Our enemy expects an easy, eventual conquest. All think that it is merely a matter of time before we collapse and crumble to ash. But they are wrong! They do not realize what they face. They think they face mere men, but today we are guardians! Today we are saviors!

They do not see that the forces arrayed against them this time are a Legion of Heroes!

We do not fight for glory, or conquest, or pillage. This day we fight for our homes! This day we fight for our nation, and our language. This day we fight for our families, for our Mothers and Fathers, Brothers and Sisters, Sons and Daughters. We fight for everything we would go to after we fight, because if we falter at this moment, if we stay our hand for just a second, there will be no home to return to!

I do not mean to have you die in defense of our country, for then our nation would be the poorer as a result. I promise you this day, we shall make our enemy die in our stead. For each inch we allow them, we shall make them pay a hundred fold, until their eyes finally betray the awe and humility that I am given standing amongst you.

We shall fight with cunning! We shall fight with righteous fury! And we shall bravely face the insurmountable odds arrayed against us. And the Nations of Europe, nay, the nations of the world shall know us to be the Glorious Italian Peoples! And perhaps the spark of our heroism shall alight in our fellow nations and we shall look down to where our feet have taken us, and lo! We stand astride the impossible!

Go to your men now. Tell them what I have told you, and tell that the unimaginable victory is within our grasp. We simply have no other choice.
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Mike on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:40 pm

From ze dezk uv Friedrich von Heidalschielmaienakin:

Ve regret to inform zat we have found ze body of un Brewmeister Magnus von Reichsler vith un self inflicted bullet to ze head. Zis letter vas found vith ze Brewmeister.

"Dogs. Ve had one vish and zat was to create somezing beautiful for all ze land. Zis vorld has come to a point vere nobody appreciates an artist. Mine creation was incredible. Ve vere only starting and yet zis beverage vas... NEIN! IS ze best thing I have ever tasted. Ze recipe has not been written. It is only known in mine head. Ze last of ze initial brew is in un stein next to me. Aaaahhhhhhhhh. Now ze last of ze brew is in mine belly. Believe me, it is divine. Sadly I have come to realize zat zis world has no right to taste something so beautiful. All traces vill now be erazed. Zere vill be NU-ZING left of mine life work. You will get NU-ZING! NU-ZING! NUUU-ZZZING!!!"

Zat is all.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Zeke on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:44 pm

From the desk of Prime Minister Joshua Masterson of England:
Greetings Russia, we have come to a mutual agreement of non-aggression until spring of 1908. I am making this a matter of public record and require your endorsement. This agreement has the following condition.

England will take control of Sweden peacefully in the Spring of 1904.
Zeke

Postby wevets on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:36 am

From the desk of
Assistant Foreign Minister and Satrap of Grand High Finlandization
Gordon Ramseyovich

To the Corps Diplomatique:

We affirm and confirm the peaceful settlement of all disputes between Russia and England as outlined by Prime Minister Masterson. The Swedes do not enjoy Borscht one bit and they are useless as a market for our excess beet production. We must find other outlets for our surplus production.

Sincerely Yours,

Gordon Ramseyovich
wevets

Postby weather wizard on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Admiral Jacques Masseu
200km southwest of Ostia - Port of Rome

Tyrrhenian Sea secured, Italian fleet has been split. Enemy fleet in Tunis responded to the diversionary maneuver into North Africa leaving the center of their line untenable. Enemy fleet has retreated to Naples after moderate damage. Tunis is isolated, Rome is undefended. Fleet destroyer screen is blockading Ostia and surrounding deep water ports.

---

10km west of Aachen

Assault across the Rhine has stalled at the Fortress of Aachen. Encountering significant German resistance approaching the river due to extensive earthworks and limited maneuvering space in dense forests. Heavy artillery is being assembled to reduce Aachen, but will slow the advance significantly. Fortress must be taken to cross the Rhine in force. Of note, advanced scouts near Munich have reported sighting Austrian cavalry. Will not make contact unless advised otherwise.
weather wizard

Postby Kodi on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:53 pm

To the Prime Minister of Italy:

My lady,

The ambush you ordered was executed according to plan. The Tyrhennian fleet fell back to Napoli and immediately began harrassing the enemies flank while the Tunisian forces executed several night time raids which sabotaged many ships and left their supply convoy in tatters. While we could not drive the invaders away, we have managed to buy Tunisia one more season.

-Admiral Senza Nome
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby weather wizard on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Admiral Jacques Masseu
100km southwest of Palermo, Sicily

Attack on Tunis has been repulsed. Italian Fleet deftly maneuvered along their coastal waters near Palermo and found a weakness in our formation. We spotted their ambush at the last minute and was able to avert a disaster. Fleet attack formation had to be broken to engage the ambushers before they could bring their guns to bear at full strength. Our support fleet from the west came just in time to save our rear and a chaotic melee ensued. Somehow after 3 hours of action, both sides withdrew in good order. We have held our positions and the 1st Flotte reports enveloping position has been achieved in El-Jazair of Algeria. 3rd Flotte will hold position at Palermo. Recommend Attack Plan R for the next phase.

Winter Quarters in Frankfurt

Ruhr valley and its surrounding areas have been secured. Once the fortress of Aachen was reduced, German army withdrew to the hill country surrounding Munich. Scouts report German army garrisoning Munich has been busy reinforcing the region with impressive defensive fortifications. Recommend I Corps to advance to Stuttgart immediately to secure our right flank. Austrian presence in southern Germany has also decreased considerably. Still a mystery as to their intent in this region. The morale of the men are good and are enjoying a comfortable rest in proper winter quarters, compliments of the Brewmaster.
weather wizard

Postby Kodi on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:07 am

This is a formal declaration of unconditional surrender by the nation of Italy: The Italian provinces shall be quickly and gracefully transferred to French control. That is all.
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy II