Bench Slots/IR

Congratz Steve!

Bench Slots/IR

Postby David Yun on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:33 am

Steve was just espousing Kang propaganda at me, "Maybe we have too many bench slots."

I'm strongly opposed to removing any of them, but I'm contemplating whether or not the IR is of value. They're a royal pain in the arse the way ESPN handles eligibility, and they can be employed for silly roster shenanigans (I was among the guilty).

Thoughts?
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Bench Slots/IR

Postby David Yun on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:11 am

I talked myself into it. IR is gone. Steve agrees. I'm sure Kang wants to reduce the benches to two (2) slots only.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Douglas_Haase on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 am

David Yun wrote:I talked myself into it. IR is gone. Steve agrees. I'm sure Kang wants to reduce the benches to two (2) slots only.

I vehemently and vociferously support reduction of bench to 2 spots only!!!
Douglas_Haase

Postby David Yun on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 am

Oh snap! The draft is over and we have to cut players now!
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:28 am

Having a bench is for unmanly men.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:20 am

I agree! Bye weeks are for pussy football players who need a Sunday off to west their boo-boos! They should sub in for a division rival that isn't on bye for an extra paycheck and to help them win so catching up to them to make the playoffs is a real challenge plus they should play both ways Iron Man-style because taking even a single down off is for the weak!
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:01 am

Kang brought up a solid suggestion: an Injured Reserve designation we could use for dynasty purposes. Each team could have one IR tag they could place on a player, who would then be dropped off the active roster and would not be eligible to play for for the remainder of the season. The team would still retain the rights to the player for future seasons.

If implemented, these designations would be tracked manually, and the benches would be reduced to six slots.

The only problem I see with this is that there is no tool for removing players from the available pool. The possibility would exist of owners not paying attention to the IR list and submitting a waiver claim on players designated for IR. Joel or I would then have to manually drop them back into the pool, and the waivers process gets muddied.

Benefit: Ameliorates the punishment for team owners with franchise players that suffer catastrophic injury

Drawback: Falls outside the scope of ESPN's fantasy league mechanics; potential for unwanted manual complexity

I love the idea, but at this point, am leaning away from implementing it due to the potential problems. What do you guys all think?
David Yun
Site Admin

Return to 2013