Food Product

Discuss the comic strip!

Food Product

Postby Yino on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 am

I don't know if you have this dish there, but a way to eat meat here is to put it raw and minced and then spill lemon juice on it, that should cook it enough. Then you add some sauces on it and eat it.
As somebody who has eated it and liked it, I have to say, I wouldn't eat that liquid pseudo meat that appeared in the video.
<insert signature>
Yino

Re: Food Product

Postby Dave on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Paul and I tried raw beef paste once. It was surprisingly tasty.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Yino on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

It is tasty indeed :D
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby MadCat on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Eeeeeeeew. (imo) I'm kind of weird in that I cannot eat meat that isn't completely cooked all the way through. I can't have a hint of pink in the middle of my steaks, at all. Well well well done. So my friends all think I'm weird. lol :mrgreen:
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Yino on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 am

Actually you are not that weird. In Argentina that's the way too eat meat: really cooked (or at least that's how every Argentinean I've met likes it). And my brother in law is Argentinean, so when I visit his family I'm the weird one, and they have to make a bloody-red-in-the-middle one for my sister and me ;).
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby Dave on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:21 am

Mexico too. At least where my family's from (State of Jalisco and, closer to us, Tijuana). Momma Vargas has told me that, basically, it's fear of ill-prepared food that makes Mexicans tend to cook their asada and other meats well done because death is (was?) a very real danger otherwise.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Yino on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:56 am

Well I guess, If you are going to eat little cooked meat, it's best if it's fresh. I guess we're lucky here, most of the meat is out of diseases thanks to the frigging Andes and desert on the north. No living thing passes through those, so diseases stay away. Unless they count with human help which sort of explains why the customs are sort of tight (International deliveries are always late ¬¬).
<insert signature>
Yino

Return to The Adventures of Dave the Direman