Unfortunate Checkpoints

Discuss the comic strip!

Unfortunate Checkpoints

Postby joequincy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:21 pm

For those who stumble here after it's no longer the latest comic... this is in response to Unwinnable.

Didn't one of the Halo games introduce a system where if you failed to survive ~30 seconds after loading a checkpoint 5 times in a row, it reverted to the previous checkpoint?

This is a legitimate question. I haven't played anything besides Rock Band in nearly a year, so my memory is a bit fuzzy... but I do seem to remember at least one of the shooters I used to play had a system like that, and Halo was the one I played most.
joequincy

Re: Unfortunate Checkpoints

Postby MadCat on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Hmm, linking the referential comic was a good idea. I like that.

Welcome to the forums, joequincy! Feel free to introduce yourself over in the "Hello, I am a person!" thread here if you so desire! :mrgreen:

Also, my worst save point ever was during a jumping puzzle where I kept missing the next rock and plummeting to my death... so I was quick-reloading over and over again, and one time I hit 'quick-save' instead of 'quick-reload' ... mid-jump. XD I was somewhat pissed. But after falling to my doom a few more times, I actually managed to hit the rock! Woo! I was so proud. :mrgreen:
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:45 am

My cousin thought it'd be a good idea to save half way through the Tower of Babel in Final Fantasy II. He had no curatives. Or tents. Or mana. Or enough HP to survive more than one encounter.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby trebuchet on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 am

Man, the exact same thing happened to me on one of my play-throughs on the exact same game on the exact same difficulty! Eventually I just had to revert back to a hard save and slog through it again.
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Return to The Adventures of Dave the Direman